Keeping things private and confidential is very important to Hampshire Youth Access (HYA). When you register with HYA, all your personal information will be stored in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that your data will be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained and processed only for specified and lawful purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Held securely and for no longer than is necessary, in accordance with our archive policy
- Not transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area unless there is an adequate level of data protection in that country.
At HYA, we do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information with any other parties. We have to report to the people who pay to run this service, however, when we do this, your personal information will always be made anonymous, which means your details such as your name, age, address etc will be kept private. The only exception to this is when we feel someone is at risk and then we might have to share information about you to someone else (see our Confidentiality Policy for more information).